Easter jelly beans, chocolate bunnies and marshmallow chicks have been on the grocery store shelves since February 15th and the kids have certainly taken notice. You have been able to buy a little time by telling them they have to wait for the Easter Bunny. But now April 5th is fast approaching and you need to start gathering goodies for their baskets.
- Not everything has to be edible. Include a couple age appropriate coloring books and a box of crayons, colored pencils or markers.
- Books are always a great gift no matter what the occasion.
- Now that the weather is getting warmer add a couple outdoor toys. A mini golf or T-ball set, a kid sized gardening kit or sandbox or swimming pool toys are always great choices.
- For older kids who may roll their eyes at the Easter bunny but still expect a basket on Sunday morning, you can’t go wrong with cash or gift cards.
- You can still include sweets in their baskets; just make sure to select the right ones. Choose chocolate over sticky gummy treats. Jelly beans, gum drops and tacky candies such as taffy can literally stick to the teeth. When deciding which chocolate is best, pick solid dark chocolate over those with sweet fillings.
- Add fruit. This way they still get the sweetness without all the harmful processed ingredients.
- After eating those sweet treats have the kids chew a piece of sugarless gum to get the saliva flowing. This helps to wash away harmful acids and bacteria.
We here at Ellis Dental would like to wish all our clients, friends and family a very Happy Easter. We will be open our regular hours, so please feel free to contact us at 314.965.1334 to schedule an appointment.