Ellis Dental brings you great tips on keeping your smile bright and mouth healthy as you age
ST. LOUIS, MO — Every year you get a little older and Ellis Dental thinks that's something to smile about. Ellis Dental is celebrating your smile by offering tips on keeping your smile healthy as you get older during September's “Healthy Aging Month.” Good oral health is a key factor in keeping the rest of your body – physically and mentally – strong. Each week in September, Ellis Dental will share new tips and ways to allow you to show off your smile for many years to come. This week Ellis Dental shares:
10 Foods to Promote Healthier Teeth and a Healthier Mouth:
- Whole grains such as brown rice and oatmeal
- Fruits such as cranberries, strawberries, apples or oranges
- Vegetables such as leafy greens, shiitake mushrooms, sweet potatoes
- Lean sources of protein – this could mean chicken or fish or legumes or beans
- Yogurt (plain) or cheese – or other foods rich in calcium (but low in sugar)
- Nuts make for a healthy snack that's hard to metabolize into acid
- Raisins – while they may also be on some lists as a no-no, they may also help kill cavity-causing bacteria
- Black teas and coffee (unsweetened black coffee, that is)
- Gum, preferably sugarless – while technically not a food, you do chew it, which helps stimulate saliva
Ellis Dental also recommends drinking plenty of water to help move that bacteria out of your mouth and of course, brushing twice daily.
About Ellis Dental
Founded in 2009 by Dr. Holly Ellis, Ellis Dental is a state-of-the-art dental practice dedicated to providing more than 1,900 patients with comprehensive dental care that not only focuses on attaining their optimal oral health, but also incorporates their overall well being. Ellis Dental serves patients of all ages, customizing all dental care to each individual patients’ needs. Ellis Dental is committed to using only the highest quality dental materials, operating best-in-class equipment and incorporating leading-edge techniques into every patient’s visit to ensure the best possible outcomes. The practice is located at 10296 Big Bend Boulevard, 63122. More information is available at: ellisdental.com and Facebook.
# # #
Interview opportunities are available. Please contact Annemarie Schumacher at 314-475-5616 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.