Good oral health is a key factor in keeping the rest of your body – physically and mentally – strong.
Did you know a healthy mouth is good for your heart, brain and overall physical well-being? Having a great smile means more than you think it does. Good oral health is a key factor in keeping the rest of your body – physically and mentally – strong. Each week during September's “Healthy Aging Month,” Ellis Dental is sharing new perspectives and ways to allow you to show off your smile for many years to come. This week's tips:
10 Ways a Healthy Mouth Leads to a Healthier Life:
- Maintaining a healthy mouth can equal less gum disease which can lead to healthier blood sugar levels (think diabetes)
- Avoiding gum disease helps prevent other bacteria-related health conditions such as heart disease
- Poor oral health can lead to an increase in strokes
- Gum disease can complicate several mental health issues such as stress, depression and more
- Periodontal disease can lead to pregnancy complications
- Poor oral health increases the chances of kidney failure
- Alzheimer's and dementia may be exacerbated by poor oral health
- Obesity can lead to many dental complications including dissolving the tooth structure
- Gum disease can contribute to osteoporosis of the jaw and teeth. Your dentist might be one of the first to recognize the signs of osteoporosis.
- Respiratory disease such as pneumonia can be linked to the bacteria in the oral cavity
Researchers continue to find links between poor oral health and other health conditions. Brushing for two minutes, twice daily and flossing regularly is a great way to keep your mouth healthy. Regular visits to the dentist is the best way to ensure a healthy mouth and smile.
About Ellis Dental
Founded in 2009 by Dr. Holly Ellis, Ellis Dental is a state-of-the-art dental practice dedicated to providing more than 1,900 patients with comprehensive dental care that not only focuses on attaining their optimal oral health, but also incorporates their overall well being. Ellis Dental serves patients of all ages, customizing all dental care to each individual patients’ needs. Ellis Dental is committed to using only the highest quality dental materials, operating best-in-class equipment and incorporating leading-edge techniques into every patient’s visit to ensure the best possible outcomes. The practice is located at 10296 Big Bend Boulevard, 63122. More information is available at: ellisdental.com and Facebook.
# # #
Interview opportunities are available. Please contact Annemarie Schumacher at 314-475-5616 or email@example.com to arrange.