Preventing disease through early education and treatment is our goal.
Dr. Ellis loves here younger patients and kids love her office! This month we are celebrating Children's Dental Health Month by sharing some great tips and information along the way to help brush those little teeth.
Below are some tips you can use to help your children keep their mouth healthy.
- Brush twice day for at least two minutes with a small pea size amount of fluoridated toothpaste on a soft brush. Babies and small children with fewer teeth may only give you one minute to brush and that's ok! Also, parents can help prevent decay by wiping baby gums before they even have teeth with baby tooth wipes or a clean wash cloth.
- As soon as your baby has two teeth, they are ready to floss. Parents should floss these teeth every day or use some interdental cleaner to help out.
- Avoid sugary snacks and eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid sugary drinks and especially avoid putting your child to bed with a bottle containing these sweet liquids. An abundance of water is always a great idea!
- Visit Dr. Ellis and her staff twice a year!
- Track your progress at home with one of these great calendars from the American Dental Association.